Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wood Island Light 2008 Tour Schedule from Biddeford Pool Maine

The tour schedule for 2008 is from Saturday July 5th through August 30th.
Tours run on:
Wednesdays 4:30 PM & 5:30 PM Thursdays 5:00 PM & 6:00 PM Saturdays 1:00 PM & 2:00 PM
A tour to Wood Island Lighthouse is run by the Friends of Wood Island Lighthouse, an all volunteer, 501(c)(3) nonprofit. The lighthouse is located off the coast of Biddeford Maine and tours leave from Vine's Landing in Biddeford Pool. The guided tour takes about 1 1/2 hours and is subject to Mother Nature and her weather and sea conditions.
You must call 207-286-3229 and make reservations.
Visit the Friends of Wood Island Lighthouse Web Site:
http://www.woodislandlighthouse.org/index.html
Note: My wife and I just went on a tour of Wood Island Lighthouse on July 5, 2008. We had a great time, took lots of pictures (alas - no ghosts!). I would highly recommend a visit, the volunteers have done a terrific job in maintaining and restoring this lighthouse and are well informed and gracious tour guides. gmarlett

No comments:

Check Out My Other Maine Lenses at Squidoo

Check out my lens Check out my lens Check out my lens Check out my lens

Listen to These Great Podcasts: Maine from a Boater's Point of View